Evoloop will do all that the legendary Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro Plus (EDP) did, plus:
- true stereo
- lower cost
- less noise
- 260x64 pixel LCD display, readable in direct sunlight
- power down loop recall
- USB and Ethernet connections
- 19" rackmount or table top
- no mechanical parts nor holes in the front pannel, so very resistent
Plus: ...it has this magical look...
BUT we want more:
- its an Evoloop and will evolve!
- we gathered loads of ideas over the last two decades of discussion on the web and at the festivals...
- the processor is 100 times more powerful than the EDP's, so we have the power to implement all that...
so far its prototype. front pannel and mechanics are working, but we restarted several times with different ARM modules. it still will take several months... the best solution would be an experienced partner!
another reason this project had to wait for over a year now is the death of Rolf Spuler which made Matthias prioize the saving of the common achievements - 30 years of hard work and an incredible result:
Sept 2015 till March 2016 the VST and Eurorack version of the Evoloop need atention
Evoloop works as a 1HE 19" rack unit or table top. To achieve this, the front is inclined and long rack ears are distatchable.
2 x 1/4" Stereo In
2 x 1/4" Stereo Out
1 x 1/4" EDP pedal board
1 x 1/4" Expression Pedal
USB master (for MIDI controllers)
USB slave (sound transfer with computer)
Ethernet (for Sync and software upgrade)
5V DC wall wart
17 touch buttons
1 touch slider
display 256x64 pixels, transflective (works with reflection in sunlight and LED backlight in the dark)
Gary Hall, Keith McMillen, Kim Flint, Bob Amstadt, Timothy Crowe, Rick Walker and so many loopers who helped with hard work, good ideas, good mood and critics to get here!! (more about these people)
Raffael Dias Batista (Brasil): this site